Store Code: SS - Shrink (2766250)
At Stop & Shop, we are dedicated to creating and maintaining a culture where the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our associates are celebrated, and all associates feel they belong and thrive. We work as one team to break down barriers, put the customer first and show that we care for our customers, communities and each other. At Stop & Shop, we're here to feed all of life's moments, and we've made a promise to our customers to help them make the small wins possible every day.
The Director of Profitability will create shrink strategy and be the primary owner of driving shrink control strategy across the Brand. Lead efforts to implement consistent shrink best practices across the Brand and connects with other Shrink Leads to share knowledge. Partners and influences AP, Merchandising, Operations, IT and Supply Chain leadership on all strategic and tactical initiatives to advocate for shrink and sales reducing activity minimization while supporting positive sales growth.
• Analyze shrink, sales, and gross profit trends to determine practice/program success and areas of opportunity.
• Ensure shrink information is being effectively communicated to the merchandising team and drive simplicity in reporting where possible.
• Proactive focus on identifying and correcting shrink exposure & sales reducing activity upstream before it impacts the stores.
• Advocate in planning & strategy discussions for shrink and sales reducing activity minimization as part of program/policy development while supporting positive sales growth.
• Work with the merchandising team and Lead, Asset Protection to ensure integration of Shrink work within priorities of broader business and key company initiatives.
• Continually question how we do things and how we can do them better to support our stores and cross functional partners.
• Work with the business to determine reporting and analysis needs and direct the shrink team in development of reporting, analysis and insights to support profitable sales dollar growth.
• Develop best practices within the merchandising department and work with partners across the business including Finance, Asset Protection, Pricing, Merchandising Planning, and CSS Unsalables.
• Coach, develop and mentor shrink team to build skill sets and knowledge transfer within the business, ensure that shrink best practices are shared across the divisions and that we get better every day.
• Ensure the shrink team is embedded in key areas & engaged with stakeholders in operations, merchandising, IM, supply chain & finance.
• Visit stores with merchants, District Directors, Asset Protection team and team members.
• Seek out feedback from store associates, division & support teams and industry best practices to help us become best in class on shrink reduction and measurement of opportunities vs. results.
- 8+ years of experience required, ideally in Operations and Merchandising
- Must have experience leading a team
- Great organizational as well as analytical skills is a must to be successful in this role
- Should understand CAO and HHO
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- Master’s degree preferred
The preferred location is our Quincy Corporate office (will be required to be in Quincy several times a quarter)
Must be in the office 3 days a week in addition to time out in the field.
The starting salary for this position is $139K and will be commensurate with experience as well as internal equity.
Stop & Shop is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 345579_external_USA-NY-Nanuet_1032023Apply Now